Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I am so P R O U D of her


LIFE


I know this blog is about my career in and passion for the arts ... but art is life.. and so this post is about life.
You know the question : "if you were stranded on an island with one ________, what would it be?"

well, if that blank said " person" ... I wouldn't hesitate, I'd say, my gramaw.

She's hilarious:

And Adorable:



My gramaw always takes me and my friends to the Red Lobster, she even threw me my 21st birthday party. When the world becomes too much, I go to her house and just nap on her lap while she plays with my hair, she usually tempts me into sleeping over by bribing me with grilled cheese and hot chocolate for dinner. She comes to all of my shows, and even offered to donate fabric from her church to our theatre department after noticing that our costumes for Wild Party were "small". lol....

Anyways, she is the funnest most lively 81 year old i know... ( although to be honest I don't know many) she is able to laugh about her age and her life, and WHOA if you could see her watch Redskins Football!!

My Granny-O ( as i like to call her) has Neuropothy, meaning the nerves in her feet and legs aren't really working at all, so considering she can't even feel her own feet anymore, she is doing quite well- she even still drives! She is staying in Florida with my Aunt Joyce for 2 months during the winter to avoid the cold of DC ... and while down there she promised her doctor she would walk as much as she could.

She is walking 3 times a day, I was there for 2 weeks and we tracked her path, 1 mile! she is walking 1 mile 3 times a day! While at dinner with my cousins Bob, tiffany and there son Greyson, they mentioned a family race in florida the following weekend that was all ages they were going to do...and we convinced my gramaw to do it!

SHE DID IT! MY GRAMAW DID THE FIRST RACE OF HER LIFE AT 81 AND CAME IN FIRST PLACE FOR HER AGE GROUP! she did 1.3 miles in 24 minutes!!!!!

she e-mailed me ( yes she has a laptop, and a cell phone...) this picture, and it makes me feel so happy and full of life, and so proud of her. it also makes me feel like we never should make excuses....

i love you to the moon, and back gramaw

No comments:

Post a Comment